Lasagna in the crock pot? YES! And it's delicious!! It was a huge hit with my family, I didn't hear one "ewww", "what is this" or my favorite "I don't like this". Not ONE!!
Crock Pot Lasagna
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 jars (each 24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ruffle-edged lasagna noodles (not no-boil noodles)
- 1 1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In another bowl, stir together the ricotta, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Spray inside of crock pot with cooking spray. Spread a thin layer of the sauce on the bottom of the slow-cooker. Cover the sauce with a single layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (about 3), breaking the noodles as needed to fit. Spread about 1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Top with about 2 cups of the sauce, then sprinkle with about 1 cup of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. Repeat the layers 3 more times.
I served this with homemade Italian bread and salad.
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans mixi-corn (the next time I make it I will use regular corn or 1 of each to cut down on the spiciness)
- 1 envelope or ranch dressing mix
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 lb ground beef (browned)
- corn chips
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
After the soup has cooked add the ground beef and allow to cook for another 30 mins or so.
Serve with toppings and enjoy!!